Envision Employment Solutions, LLC is hiring a Senior Presales Engineer (Hardware) for one of their clients.
The Pre-Sales team is responsible for providing technical solutions to new and existing customers on various solutions offered by the company.
The Senior Pre-Sales Engineer is responsible for actively driving and managing the pre-sales process with customers. The role also includes the ability to effectively present the company’s technology and product portfolio and position them to both business and technical customer audiences.
The responsibility of the Senior Pre-Sales Engineer also extends to providing technical assistance and guidance during the sales process by identifying customers technical and business requirements, designing a solution, consulting with vendors and different technical teams about the integration of the solutions as well as supporting sales teams on technical proposal preparation.
- To attend meetings with potential customers to determine technical and business requirements and ensuring that all necessary information is collected
- Be able to qualify leads along with the sales department
- Able to understand business drivers to the customer and possible risks to the company
- Build solid relationships with customers to become a trusted advisor
- Write RFPs for customers, when needed, taking into consideration competitive products and solutions
- Use of vendor sizing tools to produce technically correct offers
- Provide technical solutions in a professional manner within agreed-to timeframes
- Create clear technical proposals with design diagrams that respond to customer requirements with emphasis on the cost savings and business benefits
- Lead a bid preparation team when needed that includes multiple presales teams to produce a consolidated technical proposal
- Create and confidently deliver technical presentations to customers
- Follow up the offered solution with customers to clarify any inquiries to facilitate offer acceptance.
- Be up to date with vendor(s) technologies and products
- Deliver training on solutions to fellow presales team members and sales team, if required
- Prepare technical pipeline to be shared and discussed with presales management and vendor
- Knowledge of server, storage, virtualization and backup technologies in addition to newer technologies like hyper-convergence, etc.
- Ability to cope under pressure and prioritize work accordingly
- Must be organized and analytical with strong attention to details
- Develop job-related expertise and communication skills
- Strong presentation and customer-facing skills
- Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or any related field
- 3-4 years of experience